Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Review: Truth (Consequences #2) by Aleatha Romig

Truth (Consequences, #2)Truth by Aleatha Romig
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Review on Goodreads





Turn on your feelings, here comes the truth





The truth about this series is... it's a complex puzzle with missing pieces, scattered thorughout the whole story, hidden and misleading hints, and loaded with psychological mind games.




This series has a few constants, which from the definition itself never cease to appear, and amaze- one of them is the change.
It's a rollercoaster of emotions- positive and negative ones, you never know if you're gonna cry or jump from happiness the next moment.

Another one is the element of surprice. I always feel like I'm stepping into the minefield, afraid it's going to blow up in my face.

The thrill of discovery keeps you reading, you become a devoted recipient, until the end.

You simply see how the doubt has been destructive to the characters' whole life, how the doubt is continuously eroding their being, how it has been poisonous.

How their feelings fluctuate, is another common trait. There's one song that makes me think it's accurate to describe 'their situation'

"The Situation" by Black Eyed Peas

Some times I pick the flower
Cause I wanna know
He loves me not
He loves me lot
He's got to go

Not talking bout the dude
That's on the go go go

The situation that we got
Is so much more.

You make me laugh
You make me cry
But I want you
Right by my side
And if you go I could die.
You bring me low, you bring me high.

I build you high.
you break me down.
And that's story of our situ-a-a-a-tion

You pick me hard.
I let you down.
And that's story of our situ-a-a-a-tion

My therapist told me that opposites attract.
I wish that you was here with opposites attack.

You love me then you hate me
What's it going to be

Don't wanna miss the magic
That is you and me

You make me glow
You make me shine.
We always fight right on time.
And if you go I could die
You bring me low, you bring be high

I build you high.
you break me down.
And that's story of our situ-a-a-a-tion

You pick me hard.
I let you down.
And that's story of our situ-a-a-a-tion

Sometimes we don't see each other eye to eye baby.
We up and down like a rollcoster ride baby.
Sometimes you don't see the way I try baby.
I hate the way you make me wanna cry lady.
I wanna fly away.
sometimes I need a break.
The way you treat me made.
me wanna go and say.
But I can go on.
with out you in my arm.
I can't resisted the way you used me with your charm.

You make me glow
You make me shine.
We always fight right on time.
And if you go I could die
You bring me low, you bring be high

I build you high.
you break me down.
And that's story of our situ-a-a-a-tion

You pick me hard.
I let you down.
And that's story of our situ-a-a-a-tion

I build you high.
you break me down.
And that's story of our situ-a-a-a-tion

You pick me hard.
I let you down.
And that's story of our situ-a-a-a-tion


Yet the most evident element in this complex puzzle is the vendetta, made upon an questionable promise, envenomed by hate, and impelled by lust of power.

It's a poisoned apple fed to the others.



To survive you have to...

Be smart. Keep safe. Watch out. Play the player.



Now regarding the relationship between Claire and Tony- it's complex and complicated as is the whole story.



After Consequences the feelings you're left with are hate, anger and bitterness. In Truth these feelings change and finally become the ones we all were hoping for, but were afraid to openly ask for.



They say there's a thin line between love and hate.
"Hate is often considered to be an evil passion that should, in a better world, be tamed, controlled and eradicated. Yet to the biologist, hate is a passion that is of equal interest to love(...)

Like love, it is often seemingly irrational and can lead individual to heroic and evil deeds. How can two opposite sentiments lead to the same behaviour?" Professor Zek

Harry Emerson Fosdick:
"Bitterness imprisons life; love releases it. Bitterness paralyzes life; love empowers it. Bitterness sours life; love sweetens it. Bitterness sickens life; love heals it. Bitterness blinds life; love anoints its eyes."


Doug Horton:
"Love is a given, hatred is acquired."

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.:
"Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illumines it."





SPOILER (highlight) Now about Catherine- I knew she was up to something and as it occured, played them all like a pro, who she most likely is.
Grrrrr
And I was so freaking mad at Tony, then at Claire, then at Tony again, I haven't seen that one coming.
And Emily...she's starting to get on my nerves, I know Claire's her sister, she has every right to despise Tony, but that just doesn't matter, I'm still a little bit pissed at her.
There, I said that.
oh, one more thing- I hope Claire and Tony, now united, will kick Catherine to the curb, quite literally --> and yes, I think the mystery man is him






Proceed with caution 'cause this is not over yet...




There is no better way to describe the phenomenon of this series



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment